Welcome to the Brand Ambassador of the Month programme Web Page
Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM)
After a successful 2017, together with the launch of the Team of the Year Award (TOYA), BAM remains ever more committed to the concept of KAIZEN! Our theme for 2018 is centred on recognising:
Extraordinary contributions towards building a World-class University
The Brand Ambassador of the Month Award programme has remained true to its purpose, having created a platform that continues to deepen our philosophical value system. The BAM motto “attitude counts” remains core to the programme’s existence.
It has been two years since the idea of BAM was conceived and much has changed in the modalities of the programme, specifically in keeping with our commitment to Kaizen. The impact has been far-reaching and based on the testimonies we have received, we are convinced that even more has changed in the lives of those that have been exposed to the programme.
There is something truly prestige about World-class Universities – they are made up of extraordinary individuals and teams. This year the programme will recognise extraordinary contributions towards building a World-class University in every sense of the word.
The BAM criteria for 2018 has been realigned to single out employees who have achieved or demonstrated extraordinary success through their leadership, passion and commitment towards becoming a World-class University.
This year, BAM offers four (4) award categories, namely:
- The prestigious Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM) award that recognises desired behaviours aligned to the institutional values; and
- The Certificate of Appreciation that serves as a symbol of gratitude for employees who make a difference within and beyond the University community.
- The Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Month Award (UBAMA), where each monthly BAM winner becomes an automatic nominee for this award; and
- The Team of the Year Award (TOYA) that recognises concerted group/team efforts, to foster a culture of collaboration in the workplace and commitment to the NUST Brand.
Criteria for the Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM)
Staff displaying extraordinary behaviours in a manner that embraces diversity, innovation and excellence in service are eligible for nomination:
- Initiated/ implemented a new system/s that has contributed to improving the way we do things;
- Initiated/ implemented a system/s that has brought about a reduction in costs;
- Incorporated innovative thinking that has brought about an improvement/s or enhancement of existing systems, procedures and concepts;
- Initiated/ implemented innovative sustainability efforts that have resulted in or brought about a reduction in costs or wastage e.g. electricity, water, paper etc. (Reduce, Re-use, Recycle);
- Initiated/ implemented a new procedure/s and concept/s that have brought about a positive change in individual roles, teams, departments, or the institution at large;
- Contributed significantly towards job satisfaction for individuals or the team; and
- Contributed significantly towards an improved customer experience.
- Administrative staff from job grade 7 to 16; and
- Academic staff from Tutor/ Junior Lecturer to Senior Lecturer level
Referencing of nominees
- Reference checks will be conducted on all shortlisted nominees.
- Staff members are encouraged to nominate their BAM by completing the online nomination form.
- The nomination period will stretch from the 1st to the 20th of every month.
- Nominations received will be assessed and validated against the set criteria. Note: The monthly BAM winner will be announced at the official BAM Award Ceremony as communicated in the Institutional Calendar.
- The Brand Ambassador of the Month will receive a:
- Specially designated and branded parking spot in front of the E-House or at the Library for that particular month;
- An opportunity to attend a short course of their choosing, at no cost, with the Harold Pupkewitz Graduate School of Business (HPGSB);
- Floating trophy;
- N$1000.00 Cash prize;
- Feature on the BAM light box;
- Generous hamper; and
- Feature on the BAM web page, social media and the various NUST communication platforms.
Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Month Award (UBAMA)
- Monthly BAM winners will become automatic nominees for the Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Month Award (UBAMA).
- Staff members will be invited to vote for their UBAMA via secret ballot on a date that will be communicated during the month of November.
- The UBAMA contenders will be invited to attend an interview, as part of the selection process.
- The UBAMA will be announced at the end of November each year and will be the deserving recipient of amazing prizes and a luxurious get away.
Team of the Year Award (TOYA)
The Team of the Year Award recognises concerted group/team efforts, to foster a culture of collaboration in the workplace and commitment to the NUST Brand.
The Team nomination refers to any team or group at the University and may include departmental teams, committees, clubs etc. The criteria includes the following:
- How the team has enhanced the image of the institution;
- What innovation and efforts the team has made to provide excellent customer service/experience;
- How members, processes, and technology together have improved service and overcome challenges presented to the faculty/department/unit/centre;
- Exceptional contributions toward efficiency and effectiveness of operations Examples that contribute toward efficiency and effectiveness include:
- Developing new and creative ways to reduce waste or improve operational efficiency
- Defining processes executed, and aligning them with institutional good practices
- Improving service to stakeholders (such as students, parents, alumni, employees)
- Outstanding service to the university community and/or visitors Examples of outstanding service include:
- Contributing to public service and outreach (employee and customer engagement and satisfaction)
- Delivering exceptional service to University projects or on committees
- Aligning the faculty/department/unit/centre’s mission and/or vision with those of the institution
- Special efforts in promoting workforce diversity
- Examples that contribute to improving sensitivity to and implementation of diversity include:
- Increasing awareness of and respect for different cultures
- Being proactive to diversify the workplace
- Taking action to protect and champion diverse populations
- Articulate the team’s cohesiveness
To submit your entry for the Team of the Year Award, kindly complete the submission form by following the link below. The closing date for submissions for the Team of the Year Award (TOYA) has been set for 20 October 2018.
The TOYA and runner ups will be the recipients of some amazing prizes.
Certificates of Appreciation
- The Certificate of Appreciation serves as a symbol of gratitude for employees who make a difference within and beyond the University community.
- All staff members are eligible for this recognition.
For more information regarding the (BAM) programme, please contact, the BAM Chairperson, Mr Shiwana Ndeunyema 061 207 2833 or e-mail us at email@example.com