Welcome to the Brand Ambassador of the Month programme Web Page
BAM is back and going bolder! Our theme for 2017 is:
Rededicating ourselves to Sustainable Innovation
2016 saw the successful launch of the Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM). Our staff, for the very first time, had an opportunity to nominate the Brand Ambassadors of the Month who competed for the Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Month Award (UBAMA). The programme has since gained momentum and 2017 promise to be even greater and better.
BAM is more than just a programme. It’s a platform that seeks to deepen our philosophical value system. NUST takes pride in recognising the significant role staff plays in determining the success and the fulfilment of our strategic objectives particularly during the successful transition from a Technikon to a University.
Little/No wonder the BAM motto “attitude counts” speaks to the very core of the programme.
The programme aims and seeks to:
- recognise desired behaviours aligned to the institutional values on the part of employees
- recognise employee efforts, encourage employee engagement, performance excellence and most importantly, foster workplace happiness
Bolder? Yes, this year, the BAM will also:
- recognise concerted group/team efforts, to foster a culture of collaboration in the workplace and most committed to the NUST Brand; and
- The Team of the Year will be revealed and rewarded at the UBAMA Award Ceremony at the end of the year in line with the Brand Ambassador of the Month criteria as outlined below.
Criteria for the Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM):
Staff displaying behaviours in line with the following criteria is eligible for nomination:
- Introducing a new system/s that has improved the way we do things or that has brought about a reduction in costs or wastage;
- Introducing innovative measures that have resulted in or brought about a reduction in costs or wastage (electricity, water, paper etc.);
- Introducing a new procedure/s and concept/s that have brought about a positive change in individual roles, teams, departments, or the institution at large;
- Incorporating innovative thinking that has brought about an improvement/s or enhancement of existing systems, procedures and concepts;
- Contributing significantly towards job satisfaction for individuals or the team or;
- Initiatives that have brought about an improved customer experience.
Prizes for group/team efforts will be disclosed soon.
- Administrative staff from job grade 7 to 16; and
- Academic staff from Tutor level to Senior Lecturer level
- Staff members are encouraged to vote for their BAM by completing the standard nomination form and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
A BAM committee has been appointed to coordinate the programme.
- Nominations received will be assessed and validated against the set criteria.
- Staff nominates individuals on a standard nomination form that serves as a guideline on the criteria required for a valid nomination.
- Send nominations via the BAM e-mail account, email@example.com.
- The nomination period will stretch from the 1st to the 20th of every month.
The monthly BAM winner will be announced at the official BAM award ceremonies outlined in the Institutional Calendar.
The Brand Ambassador of the Month will receive a:
- designated parking spot in front of E-House with BAM sign for that particular month
- chance to do short course of their choosing, at no cost, with the Harold Pupkewitz Graduate School of Business;
- Floating trophy;
- Cash prize;
- Monthly feature on campus light boxes;
- Hamper and
- Feature on the BAM web page and in the various NUST communication platforms.
- Monthly BAM winners will become automatic nominees for the Grand prize, the Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Year for the Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Month Award (UBAMA).
- This UBAMA will be handed over at the University’s end-of-year function.
- Our UBAMA will be the deserving recipient of amazing prizes and a luxurious get away.
For more information regarding the Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM) programme, please contact Mr Shiwana Ndeunyema 061 207 2833 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your BAM Committee Members:
|Mrs Riette Duvenhage
|Mr Shiwana Ndeunyema
Manager: OD & Learning
|Ms Cherley Du Plessis
|Ms Antoinette Wentworth
Coordinator: Courseware Dev.
|Ms Naemi Haipinge
HR Business Partners
|Ms Carol Millward
Industry Liaison Officer
|Ms Gloria Karita
|Ms Vivette Rittmann
NUST FM Station Manager