As a University, we take pride in recognising that our staff plays a significant role in determining the success of the University and the fulfilment of our strategic objectives, particularly during a time where the University is undergoing structural & cultural change, having transitioned from a Technikon to a University.
The Namibia University of Science and Technology is proud to introduce the prestigious Brand Ambassador of the Month award programme (BAM). The programme aims to recognise desired behaviours aligned to the institutional values from employees. Fundamentally, the programme seeks to recognise employee efforts, bolster employee engagement, performance excellence and most importantly facilitate workplace happiness.
BAM is more than just a programme. It’s a platform that seeks to deepen our philosophical value system. The BAM motto “attitude counts” speaks to the very core of the programme.
Focus will be placed on innovation, one of the core values of the University. Staff displaying behaviours in line with the following criteria are eligible for nomination;
- Introducing a new system/s that improved the way we do things;
- Introducing a new procedure/s and concept/s that have brought about a positive change in individual roles, teams, departments, or the institution at large;
- Incorporating innovative thinking that has brought about an improvement/s or enhancement of existing systems, procedures and concepts;
- Contributing significantly towards job satisfaction for individuals or the team or;
- Initiatives that have brought about an improved customer experience.
Only administrative staff from job grade 7 to 16 and academic staff from Tutor level to Senior Lecturer level are eligible for nomination.
Nomination and voting:
A BAM committee, appointed by the Institutional Culture Change Agents will facilitate the programme. The Brand Ambassador of the Month criteria will be aligned to the University’s 2016 theme “Sustainable Innovation”. The committee will calibrate all votes received to assess and validate nominations against the set criteria.
Staff will have the opportunity to nominate individuals, meeting the criteria via the BAM e-mail account, email@example.com. Each nomination will be accompanied by a standard nomination form that will serve as a guideline on the criteria required for a valid nomination. The nomination period will stretch from the 16th to the 3rd of every month.
The monthly BAM winner will be announced by the Vice-Chancellor at an official award ceremony.
The Brand Ambassador of the Month will receive the following:
- A parking spot for that particular month. The parking spot will have a designated BAM sign to distinguish and reserve it from other parking spots (one in front of E-House and at lower campus);
- Floating trophy
- Cash prize
- Monthly feature on campus light boxes
- Feature on the BAM web page and in the various NUST communication platforms; and
Monthly winners will become automatic nominees for the Grand prize, the Ultimate Brand Ambassador of the Year Award. This UBAMA award will be handed over at the University’s end-of-year function. Our UBAMA will be the deserving recipient of amazing prizes and a luxurious get away.
For more information regarding the Brand Ambassador of the Month (BAM) programme, please contact Mr Shiwana Ndeunyema 061 207 2833 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your BAM committee members:
|Mrs Riette Duvenhage
|Mr Shiwana Ndeunyema
Manager: OD & Learning
|Ms Cherley Du Plessis
|Ms Indepentia De Waldt
Manager: Institutional Planning