Transport and Logistics is the driving force behind our socio-politico and economic development, hence it is inextricably linked to our daily lives. Equally the advent of containerization can be said to have facilitated the intermodal practices. Hence, transport is derivative than strategic.
The Transport and Logistics Society (here after referred to as ‘the society’), wants to ensure that the standard of communication is upheld on and off campus.
The Transport and Logistics Society also wants to ensure that every student pursuing a career in the field of Transport and Logistics is taught and trained to be the best candidate for stakeholders in the Transport and Logistics field.
The Transport and Logistics Society strives to create and maintain a communication link between students and industry.
The mission of the society is to assist, guide and support students studying Transport Management and Logistics and Supply Chain Management to be responsive and competitive for the present and future market demand, particularly those in the field of Transport and Logistics.
Maintain the high standard of technical capability and personal upgrade to students in the meadow of Logistics; by extracting opportunities i.e. exchange programs for our members to prepare themselves for the future demands in the field of Transport and Logistics.
The objectives of the society are to:
- Acquire knowledge about the Transport and Logistics action industry through programs e.g. exchanges programs.
- Research and provide students with extra information and skills in the field of Transport and Logistics action, areas of decision making, Policy Analysis, Public Speaking.
- Seek internship and practical opportunities for members of the society.
- Expose and market the society to the Transport and Logistics action industry as a whole.
- To become representatives of Transport and Logistics course in general.
- To seek academic finance for sponsorship, for experiential trips.
The specific aims of the society are to
- Provide the platform for public lectures and seminar aimed at educating students in the field of business and management with related courses about the current events in the management world.
- Motivate students to take up Transport and Logistics action courses.
- Unite students to co-corporate towards solving problems that are faced in the field of Transport and Logistics.
Any Transport and Logistics student can apply for membership of the Transport and Logistics Society by applying in the prescribed application form.
Management Committee shall have sole discretion as to whether to admit or not any student as a member
Members of Transport and Logistics Society shall:
- Have strong interests in the field of Transport and Logistics entirely.
- Have been duly accepted as provided in the constitution.
- Have paid a membership fee (subjected to change).
- Gain every benefit of the society equally.