Role of the OD & L division
The Organisational Development and Learning (OD & L) division aims to support the University’s strategy and transformation plan by providing learning and development services and directing these efforts towards the enhancement of individual and organisational performance, by influencing behaviour, improving capabilities and aligning processes at all levels across the University. The division takes a lead role in the design and delivery of people and organisational development strategies and interventions to augment performance excellence in an organisation undergoing structural and cultural change. In addition, the division provides professional advice on change management and organisational design.
- Organisational effectiveness: Undertake internal diagnostics, process evaluations and systems reviews with the aim of identifying gaps/ process weaknesses in the organization (including HR Processes).
- Capacity building and staff development: Tap into conventional succession planning, capacity building, performance and talent management techniques to develop strategies and a systematic road-map for nurturing & developing employees to meet current and future institutional goals and preparing a pipeline of competent individuals across the academic and administrative mix.
- Organisational structural maintenance, job analysis and design: Provide advisory services on organizational structure design and lead redesign efforts to ensure the realization of intended business objectives and ensuring job description alignment to strategy so to allow for the optimal utilization of human resources capabilities.
- Induction & probation management: Ensure the seamless integration of new recruits into the University community and manage the probation process to ensure that new employees are within a reasonable period of time, able to gain a full understanding of the requirements of their roles and to achieve a satisfactory level of performance.
- Performance management: Oversee the design and roll out of an integrated performance management system that aligns the university’s human resource capacity to the overall vision, mission and strategic goals of the University to facilitate performance excellence and employee effectiveness.