The Programme Development Unit is responsible for leading, coordinating and managing all programme development activities (both new and revised programmes) up to the point of registration of the resultant qualifications on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Following are some of the key tasks of the Unit:
- Developing, publishing and reviewing the curriculum framework of the institution, including teaching, learning and assessment frameworks;
- Leading, advising and supporting academic departments in curriculum development;
- Establishing a development programme for academic staff in conjunction with other stakeholders to facilitate implementation of the curriculum framework;
- Facilitating registration of qualifications on the NQF;
- Assisting with verification of qualification data in the Yearbooks and on ITS.